Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thoughts on Reconciliation

Last week we reviewed all 7 Sacraments with pictures. Hopefully I can figure out how to link to them here (http://www.catholictradition.org/Children/sacraments.htm) . We also covered the Greatest Commandment and the parable of the Good Samaritan from Scripture, both Gospel of Luke and the old testament. It is my hope that they will know how to use the Bible by the end of class this year. We made a paper heart from hot pink paper and reviewed the 10 Commandments, writing 1-3 under Love God and 4-10 under Love each other.  This was an idea I came across in my internet searching, but now cannot recall where I originally noted the idea. If the originator of the idea would please let me know in the comments, I would love to give credit where credit is due. They seemed to enjoy the project, although not all of the kids knew how to cut out a heart shape. They really seemed to engage in the Good Samaritan story and each child offered a different way to be the Good Samaritan in their day to day lives. It truly warmed my heart!

So on Tuesday, we'll further cover the Sacrament of Reconcilation as they will be recieving the Sacrament the following week. I will be giving them a fill in the blank quiz on the 10 Commandments. When I learn how to add things to the blog, I'll post it for use. We'll be covering the parable of the Prodigal Son. Then we'll make a paper Advent wreath. Again, forgive me for not knowing how to link just yet. Once I figure it out, I'll link to the free printable project here (http://www.first-school.ws/activities/bible/advent1.htm). I printed them in color on white cardstock so they can hopefully use them more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment